Submit your order securely to us via this web site. Visit us again after you have placed your order to easily track your shipment and view order history, please allow 24-48 hours for processing. Textbooks may be picked up at the Bookstore at no cost. Please choose WILL CALL for textbook shipping. Textbook web orders are to be picked up from the Bookstore by a registered student with Oxy ID.
Occidental College Bookstore accepts all major credit cards for web, phone and in-store purchases. Please contact us if you would prefer to prepay with a personal check.
A wider selection of merchandise is available in-store. If you are unable to find the item for which you are looking, please contact us.back to top
Ordering By Phone
Call us at 323-259-2630. Our friendly staff will assist you in placing your order over the phone. Use our site as your own personal catalog!back to top
Occidental College Bookstore is proud to offer you the most competitive shipping rates. All of our shipments are professionally packed to ensure the safety of your items in route.
On average, your order will be received in 7 - 10 working days. During August or December & January, delivery time may take longer. FedEx "Ground" shipments to Hawaii will require air service and an additional shipping charge will be added. You will be contacted regarding a corrected shipping price.
- Merchandise Sales:
- We ship FEDEX Ground, for an additional charge, your order can be shipped FEDEX Second Day Air for orders placed Monday - Thursday. The order must be placed no later than noon Pacific time. Overnight shipping is also available, please call the bookstore 323-259-2630 for rates based on your delivery location and weight of your order.
- Sorry, overnight shipping not available for diploma frames or chairs.
- Alaska and Hawaii shipping prices are higher and are calculated by the web order system.
Please note: Special arrangements can be made if your order must be shipped to a PO Box or outside of the Continental United States, please contact us.
Event Sales: There is neither shipping nor tax added to event ticket sales. All tickets are held at the Box Office "Will Call" window. When finalizing your order, you must select "Will call at Venue" as the method of shipmentback to top
Most products purchased from this site may be returned, within 25 days of shipment, for a full refund. Exceptions to this policy include textbooks, media (music, video games, software) which is not shrink wrapped, and customized products. The textbook return guidelines are dependent on when the purchase is made. Please contact us if you have a question about returning a textbook. Customized products which are non-returnable include clothing with monograms, custom published materials (such as course readers or syllabi), and artwork which is printed, matted, or framed based on your order. Defective or incorrectly shipped product may also be returned during this same time period. To be eligible for a full refund, products must be in new condition and must be returned with all pieces originally shipped as well as the original box in which the product was shipped. Product that is not defective must be returned unopened. (Do not remove shrink wrap from product that is to be returned.) Please check packing list for return address information.
The Oxy Bookstore is NOT responsible for books and items purchased from other websites.
- All textbook purchases & rentals are FINAL except with proof of drop.
- Oxy ID & receipt must be provided with proof of dropped class with all returns within 3 days of drop. Concise schedule printout is sufficient proof.
- No returns on textbooks except with proof of dropped class, with Oxy ID and receipt within 3 days of dropping the class, item must be in original condition.
- New books must be new and in good salable condition as required by all book publishers. DO NOT WRITE IN ANY NEW BOOK until you are certain there is no necessity for returning it.
- Used books are accepted in good condition.
- Refunds are given in cash for cash and check purchases. Debit/Credit card, Student Account and Bengal Bucks purchases are credited back to the account.
- Merchandise must be in new condition and accompanied by the cash register receipt and OXY ID within 30 days of purchase.
- Trade books and other merchandise will be accepted for refunds, provided they are in the same condition as when purchased. Must be accompanied by OXY ID & Receipt within 30 days.